Friday, September 23, 2011

Fabulous new recipe!!!

I pinned this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it tonight. It was so easy that Micah is the one who actually assembled it! A big huge thank you and I love you to him for handling the supper tonight. I had to leave the house at 5 AM this morning so I gave him the instructions and it turned out really good! Here goes...
In the crockpot:
  • place a bag of chicken breasts (about 4) in the bottom of the crock pot
on top of the chicken put:
  • a can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • a can of corn (drained)
  • a can of rotel 
  • a block of cream cheese
Put on low and let cook for about 8 hours (ours actually cooked a little longer). About 15 - 20 minutes before serving add a package of taco seasoning. We had our rice and topped with sour cream. Micah suggested putting it over chips (similar to taco soup) and I think that would be great too! It would probably also be really good with a little avocado and cilantro on the top. But it was great tonight. Tatum scraped her bowl clean and Walker ate about 10 bites (painfully).
Fall for some reason makes me want to cook and especially try more recipes so I imagine there will be more new recipes to come. I love fall. I love cooking. I love food. 
Fat and happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment