Monday, March 25, 2013

Silver and Gold have I none...(or diamonds)...

On November 19, 2005, Micah promised all his earthly goods to me. And while that sounds extremely romantic, that wasn't much back then! (It's still not much but it is more than then).

Rewind to the Spring/Summer before that...we wanted to get married; we knew that. Micah was a seminary student and youth and associate pastor at Eastside in Minden. He was only part time at the church so when it came to money...well, it was limited. Micah so badly wanted to buy me an engagement ring but me, being the bossy brat that I am, was adamant that he not take a loan out for it. Honestly, both of us knew that we did not need to begin our life together with ANOTHER bill. Some offered to give him the money, but he wouldn't have that either. I was ok with no engagement ring although many people thought I was CRAZY and so kindly told me so. Nevertheless, he proposed and we got married with NO engagement ring...GASP...I know...it was crazy! But guess what? We were just as married, just as in love and when we got our marriage license, they never asked if we had an engagment ring. Can you even believe it??

Well today, he surprised me with a BEAUTIFUL diamond solitaire. We are no more married than we were then but boy do I love him even more now than I did then!!! Is it because of the ring? NO WAY!!! I love him more every day...ring or not! He is the best husband, father, friend, pastor, and partner in life than I could ever dream of asking for.

He promised me that he would love me (and our future family), lead me (and our future family), and cherish me (and our future family) and he has held up his end of the bargain. Even when it hasn't been easy and we have intense moments of fellowship, he loves and respects me and our family. I am so thankful for him every day, even when I didn't have an engagement ring. BUT I do now and I love it! Thank you, Micah...I love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment